Firstly, women of all ages use birth control, as there are many different reasons for using birth control.
The most obvious reason is to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
Other reasons are as follows:
1. To prevent acne
2. To minimize heavy PMS
3. To control regular PMS
4. To control hormone levels
5. To avoid STD's
How does a woman even decide which birth control to use? Some contain hormones, some don't, and some require you to visit a doctor for injections. There are so many options.
Everyday Health.com discusses sexual health and further explains birth control options. The page that I visited at Everyday Health was easy to read and straightforward. Click here to visit the page that I went to.
Palo Alto Medical Foundation (pamf.org) stated that "about 35 percent of first intercourse experiences take place without the use of any contraception at all." Yikes! Talk about pregnancy scares. This fact is mainly referring to sexually active teens, which I will focus on more in another post.
Other than that ridiculous statistic, pamf.org has a wonderful table that lists all of the birth control options and how safe they are against STD's. To see the table, click here.
Lastly, check out this European commercial. It's comical, but straightforward. (Sorry about the fuzzy quality)
Why do you think Europeans are so much more relaxed about birth control?
Do you feel that the four listed reasons I posted above are valid reasons for going on birth control?
I know that many women my age say that they strictly use birth control because of acne. Is that a valid enough reason?
What about some birth control methods being harmful to a woman's health?
Please leave your feedback and comments below by clicking on the COMMENTS link.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Respond to this post here.